Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Day 9 Make a Good Impression

What it really boils down to is how you greet your spouse and the rest of your family. If you are trying to make a good impression on someone you don't greet them with a nasty tone or a list of things that need to be done. You certainly don't hide in another room when they arrive at your home or ignore them when you go to their home.

We often (myself included) find ourselves busy when our spouse arrives home. Or maybe we're mad about something that happened earlier in the day and we want to vent as soon as they walk through the door.

The Love Dare challenges us to reverse the roles with our spouse. Imagine that you have been at work all day dealing with your normal crazy work situations and now pick how you would love for your spouse to greet you.

I've often envisioned actually being greeted by a hug and a kiss. I want a genuine "I miss you" type feeling. I want the soft place to land and the security of knowing that I am in a loving environment.

The Challenge: Rethink how you greet your spouse from the time you wake up to the time you go to bed. I will confess that I'm still working on this. It's a conscious effort everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment